As we face the effects of social distancing and travel bans, here are a few tips to consider and some things you can do during this down time to prepare for bookings after the pandemic.
1. If you have any guests still check-in, encourage them to take all safety precautions, stay inside and listen to the local new for updates. You can recommend that they follow the Grenada Ministry of Health on Facebook for instant updates.
2. If you have had guests recently, ensure that you do a through cleaning and sanitation of the property. Ensure that safety precautions are taken by anyone entering the property post check-out, wear gloves and a face masks.
3. For vacant properties, ensure that you or your property manager do your usual checks of the property when possible to ensure that no new maintenance issues are left unresolved.
4. Use this downtime to take care of any pre-existing issues that can be resolved by you or a trusted maintenance person who will take all health and safety precautions.
5. Make a plan to do any upgrades to your property that will put it at the top of the “properties to book” list of every potential guest. Consider replacing old furniture and linens, a new paint job, upgrading your kitchen appliances. Feel free to contact us for recommendations.
6. Prepare to have more local guests as “outside re-opens”. As we are all stuck inside, everyone is dreaming of their next vacation. As travel may still be restricted or a scary thought for some, locals are going to look at booking stay-cations to give them the holiday feel without the risk of travel. We can recommend local deals or specials you can offer to attract these hassle-free bookings.
7. The holiday rental game is definitely at a stand still for now, but you can always look at putting your property into the long term rental pool to see if anyone bites in the meantime. Keep your options open to moving between the two markets to get you the right guest or tenant.
Have Questions? Get in Touch . We are here to help!
Contact us via email or telephone with any questions or queries you may have. We are working from home to as we continue to improve our operating systems and procedures in anticipation of a greater rental season post Covid-19.